Today we are releasing the following builds as Xcode 9.4 Web Preview 1. These versions include preview Xamarin SDK bindings and preview IDE compatibility for Apple’s Xcode 9.4 beta release.
Note that these are standalone download links that are not yet published in the Visual Studio for Mac updater channels. As a result, Visual Studio for Mac will offer an “update” back to the current published updater channel versions when you have these versions installed. You will need to disregard that notification if you wish to keep using this Xcode 9.4 support preview. The Xcode 9.4 features will be added to the updater channels in the future, after Apple publishes the first non-preview version of Xcode 9.4 to the App Store.
Any bug reports about these preview Xamarin bindings are much appreciated!
- Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin 220.127.116.114
- Download for Visual Studio 2017
Installing on Mac
- Ensure you are up-to-date with the current Visual Studio for Mac Stable updater channel versions.
- Ensure you have the Xcode 9.4 beta version installed from Apple. You can optionally install this beta version alongside your non-beta Xcode.
- Download the Xamarin.iOS installer .pkg file and run it.
Navigate to Visual Studio > Check for Updates, and install the current Xamarin.iOS version from the Stable updater channel.
Installing IDE compatibility for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6
- Ensure that Visual Studio 2017 is up-to-date at version 15.6 and has the Mobile development with .NET workload installed.
- Download the combined IDE compatibility .vsix file. If your web browser saves the file with a .zip extension, rename it back to .vsix after download.
- Double-click the .vsix file to launch the VSIX Installer.
- Be sure to select only your non-preview instance of Visual Studio 2017 when prompted. (This .vsix package is based on the Xamarin 15.6 release, so it is not fully compatible with Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7 Preview.)
- Click Install, and wait for the VSIX Installer to download and install the components.
If you wish to switch back from the Xcode 9.4 beta support previews to the default Xamarin versions bundled in Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6: