Xamarin Profiler preview 0.33.2 is now available for download! There have been a number of fixes since our previous preview, which have been noted below.
Please note that the Mac app bundle has been renamed (from XamarinProfiler.Mac.app to “Xamarin Profiler.app”), so the old version needs to be removed before installing this new update, so that Xamarin Studio prompts the user for the new location.
- No official support for profiling release builds is available at this time.
- Data sets are correct at the time of collection, but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- Time instrument not available for Android and tvOS profiling.
- Support for Xamarin.Mac app profiling is preliminary.
- Installation on Windows with previous versions (>= 0.24) fails, so old profiler versions will be uninstalled first.
- 39763 – Old Xamarin.Mac used for building the package.
- 40944 – Crash when selecting time range with no instruments.
- 40451 – Remove dependency on Xamarin Studio.
- 40345 – Time range selection enabled when just clicking on the chart.
- 41248 – Wrong caption when drilling down allocations summary.
- 41284 – Exception when stopping Android run.
- 41293 – Call tree nodes getting collapsed.
- 41210 – Call tree options don’t work when time range selected.
- 40595 – Missing loading spinner.
- 41427 – Unhandled exception.
- 41137 – Can’t profile on iOS devices
As with all our preview releases, this is not a product we officially support. If you encounter any issues, we recommend filing a bug in Bugzilla. You can also jump into the discussions on the forum thread posted below.