Xamarin Profiler preview 0.32 is now available for download! There have been a number of fixes since our previous preview, which have been noted below.
Please note that the Mac app bundle has been renamed (from XamarinProfiler.Mac.app to “Xamarin Profiler.app”), so the old version needs to be removed before installing this new update, so that Xamarin Studio prompts the user for the new location.
- No official support for profiling release builds is available at this time.
- Data sets are correct at the time of collection, but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- Time instrument not available for Android and tvOS profiling.
- Support for Xamarin.Mac app profiling is preliminary.
- Enabling Boehm for iOS builds results in no useful data on devices, as allocations and calls need to be disabled.
- Performance with large apps has been improved, but is not yet complete.
- 38689 – The details tab should no longer resize and occlude instruments when clicking on any individual instrument.
- 38302 – You should now be able to properly check the “Only Persistent Object” checkbox, and the “objects allocated” value should properly change.
- 37908 – Tool tips should now properly appear for trimmed text.
- 38854 – Activity indicator should now properly stop when profiling is stopped.
- 38549 – Stack trace information should now properly display when a warning icon is clicked.
As with all our preview releases, this is not a product we officially support. If you encounter any issues, we recommend filing a bug in Bugzilla. You can also jump into the discussions on the forum thread posted below.