Xamarin Profiler preview 0.31 is now available for download! There have been a number of fixes since our previous preview, which have been noted below.
Please note that the Mac app bundle has been renamed (from XamarinProfiler.Mac.app to “Xamarin Profiler.app”), so the old version needs to be removed before installing this new update, so that Xamarin Studio prompts the user for the new location.
- No official support for profiling release builds is available at this time.
- Data sets are correct at the time of collection, but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- Time instrument not available for Android and tvOS profiling.
- Support for Xamarin.Mac app profiling is preliminary.
- Enabling Boehm for iOS builds results in no useful data on devices, as allocations and calls need to be disabled.
- Performance with large apps has been improved, but is not yet complete.
- 37146 – Data should now show up correctly in the Profiler console tab for iOS applications.
- 37230 – Selecting time period in Time Profiling should now correctly show data.
- 36058 – Profiler should now show the correct snapshot count in detail view and snapshot pop up window.
- 37018 – Correct version info should now appear in Profiler control panel after install of Windows version.
- 35901 – Fixed a crash with iOS profiling.
- 37128 – Profiler should now properly generate graph and data when profiling on an iOS device through Visual Studio.
- 36210 – Profiler should work for normal console.exe, can correctly open mlpd in temp.
- 36429 – Labels are now properly trimmed in the right side view values for the Mac Profiler.
- 36409 – Mac Profiler console.exe should now be able to properly open via the File -> Open menu.
- 35518 – Xamarin Profiler on VS should now properly start a new profiling session and get a result for a new scenario.
- 28943 – Application should now properly be selected in target dropdown on Profiler main window for the Mac Profiler.
- 37793 – Mac Profiler should now properly select symbol name without any error.
- 34154 – The “Only persistent objects” checkbox now only shows as checked in the views where the users has selected it.
- 31381 – Negative numbers should now properly be colored red in the “Object Growth” column in snapshot view.
- 37735 – All options (All Profiler, Allocations, Time Profiler) should now be properly enabled when starting the profiler.
- 37654 – Call tree should now properly sort children.
- 34627 – Stats are now getting updated when the user clicks on the checkbox ‘Only Persistent Objects’ in view “Allocations List” for the Windows Profiler.
- 37838 – Row highlighting should now work correctly in the Call Tree View for the Windows Profiler.
- 37797 – Fixed some UI freezing issues.
As with all our preview releases, this is not a product we officially support. If you encounter any issues, we recommend filing a bug in Bugzilla. You can also jump into the discussions on the forum thread posted below.