We are releasing an updated preview with support for watchOS 2 (simulator only) and tvOS (simulator and device), now available for Visual Studio. These new builds also have Bitcode support for tvOS applications, and support for tvOS binding projects. Be sure to check out the associated documentation tvOS.
As with all our preview releases, this is not a product we officially support. If you encounter any issues, we recommend filing a bug in Bugzilla. You can also jump into the discussions on the forum thread posted below.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – watchOS 2 WatchKit Extension shouldn’t be an execution target.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – watchOS 2 applications currently only work on watch simulators.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – Bitcode support is not available for watchOS 2.0 device builds.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – watchOS debugging is supported only for default mode in watch simulator.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – watchOS 2 and tvOS APIs are not final, some types might be missing or unavailable.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – tvOS asset catalog editor is not fully implemented.
- [Xamarin.VS] – tvOS icon set in asset catalog won’t show up in simulator.
- [Xamarin.VS] – No binding project support for tvOS.
- [Xamarin.VS] – This preview does not currently include support for the Xamarin.iOS designer for tvOS or watchOS 2.
- [Xamarin.VS] – BundleIdentifiers of Watch App Extension, Watch App and companion id have to be set manually.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Watch App reference in iOS Project -> References has a yellow triangle.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Incremental builds are always turned off for tvOS apps.
- [Xamarin.VS] – WatchOS2.0 template is missing asset catalog for icons and launch images.
- [Xamarin.VS] – No Glance and Notification mode debugging support in WatchOS 2 applications.
- Xamarin.VS 22.214.171.1241 [Download]
- Forum Thread – Xamarin.iOS 9.3 preview #3 for tvOS and WatchOS 2.0 in Visual Studio