Today we are releasing the following builds as Xcode 10 Beta 5 Web Preview. These versions include preview Xamarin SDK bindings and preview IDE compatibility for Apple’s Xcode 10 beta release.
Any bug reports about these preview Xamarin bindings are much appreciated!
- Visual Studio for Mac 126.96.36.199
Preview IDE compatibility package for Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin 188.8.131.52
- Download for Visual Studio 2017
Installing on Mac
With this release, we’re introducing a new way to access the Xcode 10 preview support in Visual Studio for Mac. From now on, you’ll be able to access all the necessary bits for Xcode 10 within the IDE, through an updater channel named “Xcode 10 Preview”. This Xcode channel operates the same way as our current Stable, Beta, and Alpha channels. To try these newest Xcode builds, do the following:
- Select “Visual Studio > Check for Updates”.
- In the “Update channel” combo box, select “Xcode 10 Preview” and press the “Switch Channel” button:
- Once you switch, the builds will start to download automatically. Once they’re downloaded you’ll be promted to restart and install the new builds.
- To switch back to Stable, Beta, or Alpha builds, simply switch back to the appropriate channel.
Today’s release to the Xcode channel contains the builds with support for Xcode 10 Beta 5. We intend to continue to update the builds in this channel as we produce support for any new Xcode 10 betas which Apple may release in the weeks ahead. To get notified immediately of new builds, make sure to select the “Check Automatically” checkbox.
Installing IDE compatibility for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7
- Ensure that Visual Studio 2017 is up-to-date at version 15.7 and has the Mobile development with .NET workload installed.
- Download the combined IDE compatibility .vsix file. If your web browser saves the file with a .zip extension, rename it back to .vsix after download.
- Double-click the .vsix file to launch the VSIX Installer.
- Be sure to select only your non-preview instance of Visual Studio 2017 when prompted. (This .vsix package is based on the Xamarin 15.7 release, so it is not fully compatible with Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview.)
- Click Install, and wait for the VSIX Installer to download and install the components.
If you wish to switch back from the Xcode 10 beta support previews to the default Xamarin versions bundled in Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7: