We are releasing our second preview of the iOS Simulator for Xamarin.VS. The remoted iOS Simulator provides you with a way to test and debug iOS apps on the simulator entirely from Visual Studio on Windows.
- Non-public Bug 41626: “Failed to install … App1.app” when attempting to launch Xamarin.Forms project.
- Partial workaround – Launch the app on the regular (non-remoted) Apple Simulator first.
- Non-public Bug 41620: “The device … was not found” if Xcode path setting is blank (it is blank by default).
- Workaround – Set the Xcode path explicitly under Tools > Options > Xamarin > iOS Settings > Xcode path.
- iOS Simulator (for Windows) 0.9.1.2 [Win VS Download]
- Release Notes
- New Features:
- Support for stylus translating to pencil input has been added
- A dialog is shown when sim starts and include an update status
Fixed an issue preventing the simulator from starting using usernames with spaces in them