We are releasing our third preview with support and bindings for Google’s Android N SDK. Be sure to visit the Android N page and read about all the new features N support provides. If you are looking to get started right away, make sure to check out the new Android N samples and join in on the forum discussions.
Please note that depending on which platform you are targeting, you will need to download certain products for this preview to work:
- If you are using Visual Studio, you will only need to download the Xamarin.VS linked below.
- If you are using Xamarin Studio on a Mac machine, you will need to download the Xamarin Studio, Xamarin Android, and Mono Framework linked below.
- If you are using Xamarin Studio on a Windows machine, you will to download the Xamarin Studio, Xamarin.VS, and GTK Installer linked below.
While these builds do support the final API 24 SDK, these will not be the final builds from Xamarin for Android N. We have a few more changes on our end before we push final builds to Stable.
As with all our preview releases, this is not a product we officially support. If you encounter any issues, we recommend filing a bug in Bugzilla. You can also jump into the discussions on the forum thread posted below.
- [Xamarin.Studio / Xamarin.VS] – 42677: The Xamarin.Android Designer does not support rendering of the new API level (N). The Designer works normally with all other API levels.
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 184.108.40.206 [Download]
- Mono Framework 220.127.116.11 [Download]