We are releasing a newer Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 8. As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
- [Xamarin Studio] – 40422: The roslyn workspace can’t be queried while it’s loading.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42397: The Xamarin.Forms Previewer is disabled on VS for this release.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42435: Getting “ResolveUniversalTypeIdentifiers” task failed unexpectedly” error, on building ‘Spritekit Game’ or ‘Scenekit Game’ Mac App solution in VS
- [Xamarin.VS] – 41608: Deleting a zip from AppData\Local\Xamarin\zips causes all subsequent builds to fail.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 40767: Collection View and Table View are rendered differently on the iOS designer and the actual simulator.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42997 – Visual Studio 2012 doesn’t show “Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)” and “ClassLibrary (Xamarin.Forms)” templates under the Cross Platform section.
- [Xamarin.VS / Xamarin Designer] – 42989 – Created segue not displayed in watchOS designer correctly.
- [Xamarin.VS / Xamarin.Android] – 41607: No build output when downloading to zips for support package.
- [Xamarin.VS / Xamarin.iOS] – 42988 – Attempting to build an iOS project other than the first project loaded and built will fail.
- Workaround – Restart VS and load the other iOS project first.
- [Xamarin.VS / Xamarin.iOS] – 42978 – watchOS 1 apps will not deploy to the simulator.
- [Xamairn.iOS] – 42392: ‘clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11’ when compiling ios project
- [Xamarin.iOS / Xamarin.Mac] – 42828 – Unable to build F# templates.
- Xamarin Studio 220.127.116.1198
- Xamarin.VS 18.104.22.1683
- Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- Xamarin.Android 126.96.36.199
- Release Notes
- Forum Thread – Alpha Release: Cycle 8 Feature Release Preview
- Issues Addressed:
- Xamarin.Mac 188.8.131.52
- Mono Framework 184.108.40.206
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – April 27th, 2016 (Evolve Conference)
Alpha 2 – July 13th, 2016
Alpha 3 – July 27th, 2016
Alpha 4 – This Release!
Stable – Fall 2016