We are releasing a new preview of Cycle 6 to the Alpha channel. This series of builds will be the next major feature release of the Xamarin Platform when they release to Stable later this year. We wanted to release these builds to a wider audience for consumption via the Alpha channel.
As this is an Alpha release there are bound to be bugs. Please make sure to use the forums below to read up on issues as they are found, and see if any workarounds exist, or log a bug if one doesn’t exist already.
- [Xamarin Studio / Xamarin.VS] – The Cycle 6 builds now require Xcode 7 or higher. For example, attempting to build an iOS app for device using Xcode 6.4 will now fail with “Native linking failed, undefined symbol:___divdc3”.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks has been deprecated. The Cycle 6 builds will now require OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Exception when opening interface.storyboard file for a WatchKit project in Visual Studio, when using Xcode7.
- Xamarin Studio 184.108.40.2060
- Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
- Release Notes
- Forum Thread – Alpha Release: Xamarin.iOS 8.13.0, Cycle 6 Preview
- Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168
- Mono Framework MDK 22.214.171.124
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – August 26th, 2015
Alpha 2 – September 2nd, 2015
Alpha 3 – September 19th, 2015
Alpha 4 – Today!
Beta – September / October 2015
Stable – Fall 2015