We are releasing a new preview of Cycle 6 to the Alpha channel. This series of builds will be the next major feature release of the Xamarin Platform when they release to Stable later this year. These builds are also the first Release Candidate we are publishing as part of a newly launched RC process, which you can read more about here.
If you are used to the updater channels in Xamarin Studio and/or Visual Studio, simply switching to the Alpha channel and getting the latest content will give you the RC0 series of builds. To make it as easy as possible for Xamarin developers to participate in this first RC, we’ve also prepared special versions of our installers which will install the new RC0 build on your Mac and Windows machine.
Mac Installer | Windows Installer
Please note, to use RC0 to develop iOS applications in Visual Studio, you’ll need to install the release on both your Mac and Windows workstations.
The biggest change with the Cycle 6 builds is an overhaul of how Xamarin builds iOS projects on your Mac from Visual Studio. If you happen to experience issues with any of the RC0 products, please log a bug report.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Xamarin.VS fails to log into build server on Mac machines using El Capitan GM (beta 1).
- [Xamarin.VS] – Right clicking build host in XMA connection dialog does not successfully open context menu.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Breakpoint positions sometimes change when debugging Android applications with multiple breakpoints.
- [Xamarin.VS] – When deleting a theme with the Android Designer, it sometimes does not properly remove it. Applying the theme again may cause Visual Studio to hang/restart.
- [Xamarin.VS] – In some instances, the license window cannot be dismissed.
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.1991
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – August 26th, 2015
Alpha 2 – September 2nd, 2015
Alpha 3 – September 19th, 2015
Alpha 4 – September 24th, 2015
RC0 / Alpha 5 – Today!
Future RC(s) – October/November 2015
Stable – Fall 2015