We are releasing an updated Xamarin.iOS build to the Stable channel in order to address an issue causing errors in the linker that prevents building and deploying with Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199 for some users.
- 33124 – Fixed an issue with incorrect .mdb files causing linker errors (duplicates logged as 33694 and 34063 also addressed by this fix).
We have pushed a new version of Xamarin Studio and our Visual Studio extensions to all channels to address an Android Designer issue that occurs with the new Android SDK Tools 24.3.4.
We have identified other issues caused by Monday’s Android update that interfere with our XAP support, and are continuing to investigate.
- [Xamarin Studio] – In XS, Xamarin Android Player devices are listed by IP address instead of device name.
- [Xamarin.VS] – In VS, Xamarin Android Player devices show only as unsupported devices.
Products Released To Stable
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 3.11.837 [Download]
** UPDATE – This build now also includes a fix for HTTPClient Authentication not working correctly. The additional should also be included in Cycle 5 Service Release 3 when it goes to Stable. **
We are aware of an issue hitting iOS developers right now that we are addressing, but won’t officially be released until Cycle 5 Service Release 3 goes to Stable (likely early August). However, for those of you who need to submit Watch Apps right now and are blocked, there is a workaround that can be used, or you can try out the updated hotfix build below, which is based off the current Stable (but has not been tested by our internal QA).
Rather than delay Service Release 3 to test this specific build, we’re simply providing it for download as a temporary measure. We will be including this same patch in our Service Release 3 build as well, where QA will be testing it as part of the standard process before releasing to Stable.
- [Xamarin.VS] – The above mentioned workaround for Watch App submission will not work for VS, so the below build must be used to successfully submit to the App Store.
- Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52 [Download]
- Issues Addressed:
- 30958 – Fixes an issue with incorrect Watch App Info.plist UIDeviceFamily array preventing Watch App submission.
- 30869 – Fixed an issue with HTTPClient Authentication not working correctly.
We are releasing an updated set of builds to the Stable channel in order to address the issues noted in our iOS9/El Capitan Technical Preview blog post. As noted in that post, we feel we’ve completed sufficient testing on the Xamarin.iOS SDK that resolves the issues affecting both 32 and 64 bit apps running on iOS 9. With this new Xamarin.iOS release, you should be able to rebuild and re-submit your apps using Xcode 6 and have them run against iOS 9 previews, ready to prepare them for the fall release of iOS 9. Head over to our developer page to read up on prepping your app for iOS 9.
We will also be posting previews of the Xamarin.iOS SDK that supports Xcode 7 and the iOS 9 APIs soon. Those builds will be distributed via a preview site, and we will have a new blog post up when they are available.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Debugging on iOS 9 devices from Visual Studio is not yet supported.
We have pushed a new Xamarin.Android SDK release and accompanying IDEs tools to the Stable channel to provide a few additional hotfixes that were needed based on the new SDKs provided at Google I/O.
Products Released To Stable
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 3.11.590
After extensive internal and public Beta testing, we are ready to promote our current Beta channel builds to the Stable channel for our first Service Release. Internally we refer to this as Cycle 5 – Service Release 1, as the previous Stable release was a major platform upgrade, which we called Cycle 5.
PLEASE NOTE – These builds also include an important hotfix to support the latest version of SDK tools (24.3) released by Google last week at I/O, which we also mentioned in our forum thread last week.
If you happen to encounter any issues or are seeing errant behavior, please be sure to post to the related product threads on our Forums.
Products Released to Stable
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 3.11.586
- Mono Framework MDK 184.108.40.206