Update – Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac packages have been updated to address issue 42443.
We are releasing a Beta preview to fix an issue where AppleTLS would fail with a “server not authenticated” error under certain conditions.
As this is a Beta build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this release.
If you see a behavior that looks suspicious in these versions, and if it isn’t clear whether one of the known issues in the release notes matches the problem, please file a quick bug report to let the team know.
- File a bug using the “Cycle 8” new bug form.
- If you get any errors when using the form to submit, please select the All Products option and choose the desired product.
If you notice an error in this blog post or have trouble downloading one of the installer packages, please let us know in the corresponding forum thread.
- Forum Thread – Stable Channel: Cycle 8 – Service Release 0
- [Xamarin for Visual Studio] – 44300 – Xamarin.Android projects appear as “incompatible” after closing and reopening a solution in a single VS session.
- Partial workaround: Deleting the contents of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache and then closing and opening Visual Studio again will allow the Android project to load. Note that closing and re-opening the solution again in this new session can cause the issue to re-occur.
- Ensure VS 2015 is up-to-date: Installing the latest point release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 (version14.0.25431.01) might help reduce the chances of hitting this issue.
- [Xamarin Studio] – 44285 – Xcode 8 quits after Xamarin Studio returns to the foreground when using Xcode 8 via Open With > Xcode Interface Builder.
- [Xamarin.Android] – 44633 – “Deployment failed because of an internal error: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]” when
<AndroidUseSharedRuntime>is enabled in certain projects because classes.dex is not deployed to device as expected.
- [Mono], [Xamarin.iOS], [Xamarin.Android], [Xamarin.Mac] – 44708 – “TrustFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) … Invalid certificate received from server.” with “Error code: 0x5” or “Error code: 0xffffffff800b010f” when attempting to access HTTPS servers on ports other than 443
- [Xamarin for Visual Studio] – 44535 – “‘System.ComponentModel.INotifyPropertyChanged’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘System.ObjectModel” for projects that reference PCLs with
- Workaround: See Bug 44535, Comment 2.
- [Xamarin for Visual Studio], [Xamarin Studio] – 43566 – The iOS Designer initialization process will cause any running iOS 10 simulator to become non-responsive. The designer initialization happens when opening an iOS project in Xamarin Studio and during the connection to the remote Mac in Visual Studio. This issue does not affect Xcode 7.3, iOS 9.3 (and lower) simulators.
- Improved in this release: Cycle 8 Service Release 0 includes some fixes to reduce the chances of hitting this problem, but additional fixes are also planned.
- Workaround: Quit and restart the simulator after the designer has initialized. You can then proceed to use the simulator again as normal.