We are publishing a new release candidate of our next major feature release, called Cycle 7. As this is an Beta build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
NOTE: Since Google’s newest Android N previews now only allow linking to NDK-provided native libraries, existing apps using e.g. Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll will crash when running on Android N. The functionality to support this is not in this release, however it will be included in a future release of Cycle 7, and will also be published to our Stable Channel via a Service release shortly after Evolve 2016.
NOTE: Visual F# Tools 4.0 RTM must be installed in order for F# console project builds to work with Cycle 7 Xamarin Studio build noted below.
NOTE – You will need to have MS Build Tools 2015 installed in order to use the iOS Designer with the Xamarin.VS build published to the Beta channel.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Dragging and dropping a folder from one project to another moves the files, but does not add them to the destination project.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Breakpoints are not hitting in Xamarin.Mac C#/F# Unified Applications.
- [Xamarin Studio] – You may be unable to run watchkit applications after selecting Appicon on the Apple Watch Notification Center.
- [Mono Framework] – Mono 4.3 Cryptography.ProtectedData fails to decrypt data from Mono 4.2. As a result, NuGet packages will fail to restore with the error “Data unprotection failed” when a protected NuGet source is configured.
- Workaround – In Xamarin Studio you will need to add back any NuGet package sources that use password authentication before re-attempting to restore the packages.
- [Xamarin.VS & Xamarin.iOS] – When deploying WatchKit applications in Visual studio, the error “The file ‘bin\iPhoneSimulator\Debug\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp.app\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp’ does not exist” may appear.
- [Xamarin.VS] – tvOS Applications built with the “Build ad-hoc IPA” checkbox enabled in “Debug/Release + Device” configuration will fail with the error “The ‘CopyFileToWindows’ task failed unexpectedly.”
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 188.8.131.526
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – March 10th, 2016.
Alpha 2 – Mar 15th, 2016
Beta RC1 – Apr 27th, 2016
Beta RC2 – This Release!
Stable – April/May 2016