We are releasing a slightly updated preview of Cycle 6 to the Beta channel. These updated RCs fix a known issue with Xamarin Inspector compatibility from RC2. The Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac, and Mono Framework remain unchanged from the previous release.
If you are used to the updater channels in Xamarin Studio and/or Visual Studio, simply switching to the Beta channel and getting the latest content will give you the RC3 series of builds. To make it as easy as possible for Xamarin developers to participate in this RC, we’ve also prepared special versions of our installers which will install the new RC3 build on your Mac and Windows machine if nothing has been previously installed. (Note – if you have gotten web previews of newer Xamarin Platform builds, the installer will not update and you should use the updater in the IDE against the Beta channel).
Please note, to use RC3 to develop iOS applications in Visual Studio, you’ll need to install the release on both your Mac and Windows workstations.
The biggest change with the Cycle 6 builds is an overhaul of how Xamarin builds iOS projects on your Mac from Visual Studio. If you happen to experience issues with any of the RC3 products, please log a bug report.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Holding down Command+Z batches undo actions. (Undo is not executed until key combination is released.)
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.1991
- Xamarin.VS 188.8.131.526
- Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206
- Release Notes
- Forum Thread – Beta Release: Cycle 6 Feature Release – Release Candidate 2
- Issues Addressed:
- Xamarin.iOS apps should no longer crash when using the Xamarin Inspector.
Cycle 6 Release Dates