We are releasing a updated preview of Cycle 6 to the Beta channel. These updated RCs provide additional fixes on top of the previous builds.
If you are used to the updater channels in Xamarin Studio and/or Visual Studio, simply switching to the Beta channel and getting the latest content will give you the RC2 series of builds. To make it as easy as possible for Xamarin developers to participate in this RC, we’ve also prepared special versions of our installers which will install the new RC2 build on your Mac and Windows machine if nothing has been previously installed. (Note – if you have gotten web previews of newer Xamarin Platform builds, the installer will not update and you should use the updater in the IDE against the Beta channel).
Please note, to use RC2 to develop iOS applications in Visual Studio, you’ll need to install the release on both your Mac and Windows workstations.
The biggest change with the Cycle 6 builds is an overhaul of how Xamarin builds iOS projects on your Mac from Visual Studio. If you happen to experience issues with any of the RC2 products, please log a bug report.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Xamarin.iOS apps may sometimes crash when using the Xamarin Inspector.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Holding down Command+Z batches undo actions. (Undo is not executed until key combination is released.)
- Xamarin Studio 188.8.131.520
- Xamarin.VS 184.108.40.2065
- Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.124
- Mono Framework 126.96.36.199
Cycle 6 Release Dates