We are releasing the first Beta preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 8. As this is a Beta build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
The issues addressed below are only the highest severity ones, so please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview.
The Xamarin team is looking for as much user feedback as possible on these Cycle 8 Beta versions, especially for the iOS 10 and Xcode 8 features. If you see a behavior that looks suspicious in these versions, and if it isn’t clear whether one of the known issues in the release notes matches the problem, please file a quick bug report.
If you notice an error in this blog post or have trouble downloading one of the installer packages, please let us know in the corresponding forum thread.
- Forum Thread – Beta Release: Cycle 8 Feature Release Preview
- [Mono Framework] – 42408: WebClient.DownloadString returns 401 Unauthorized when using Basic authentication
- [Mono Framework] – 33475: Android app crashes when taking snapshots
- [Mono Framework] – 40963: iOS app crashes when taking snapshots
- [Mono Framework] – 42938: Compilation of netstandard PCL library with xbuild fails with… CSC: error CS0518: The predefined type … is not defined or imported
- [Xamarin.iOS] – 42392: ‘clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11’ when compiling iOS project
- [Xamarin for Visual Studio] – 40767: Collection View and Table View are rendered differently on the iOS designer and the actual simulator
- Xamarin Studio 18.104.22.16845
- Release Notes
- Major Issues Addressed:
- Xamarin.VS 22.214.171.1248
- Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
- Xamarin.Android 188.8.131.52
- Xamarin.Mac 184.108.40.206
- Mono Framework 220.127.116.11
Installing the Beta and switching back to Stable
You can install this new Beta version or switch back to the current Stable version by changing updater channels.
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – April 27th, 2016 (Evolve Conference)
Alpha 2 – July 13th, 2016
Alpha 3 – July 27th, 2016
Alpha 4 – Aug 2nd, 2016
Alpha 5– Aug 9th, 2016
Alpha 6 – August 12, 2016
Beta 1 – This Release!
Stable – Fall 2016