We are releasing a updated preview of Cycle 6 to the Alpha channel. These updated RCs provide a slew of additional fixes on top of the previous builds, in addition to support for Xcode 7.1. There are still some issues remaining, but the quality is much improved since the initial RC, thanks in great part to community input. Thank you!
If you are used to the updater channels in Xamarin Studio and/or Visual Studio, simply switching to the Alpha channel and getting the latest content will give you the RC1 series of builds. To make it as easy as possible for Xamarin developers to participate in this first RC, we’ve also prepared special versions of our installers which will install the new RC1 build on your Mac and Windows machine if nothing has been previously installed. (Note – if you have gotten web previews of newer Xamarin Platform builds, the installer will not update and you should use the updater in the IDE against the Alpha channel).
Please note, to use RC1 to develop iOS applications in Visual Studio, you’ll need to install the release on both your Mac and Windows workstations.
The biggest change with the Cycle 6 builds is an overhaul of how Xamarin builds iOS projects on your Mac from Visual Studio. If you happen to experience issues with any of the RC1 products, please log a bug report.
- [Xamarin Studio] – gtk may crash during drag and drop actions.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Xamarin Studio shows pop up error on creating iOS template projects.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Holding down Command+Z batches undo actions. (Undo is not executed until key combination is released.)
- [Xamarin Studio] – iOS extension projects do not compile.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Adding a new Action to a Controller does not update corresponding *.design.cs file
- [Xamarin.VS] – Certain iOS projects may have increased build times.
- [Xamarin.VS] – In some scenarios, iOS applications install, but do not launch from Visual Studio, you must tap on the application manually to launch.
- [Xamarin.VS/Xamarin.iOS] – Debugger does not stop on breakpoints in async RelayCommand in PCL projects
- [Xamarin.Mac] – NSOutlineViewDelegate is missing one exported method, leading to applications not displaying contents for the cells.
- Xamarin Studio 188.8.131.520
- Xamarin.VS 184.108.40.2069
- Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.124
- Mono Framework 126.96.36.199
Cycle 6 Release Dates