We are releasing a new preview of Cycle 6 to the Alpha channel. This series of builds will be the next major feature release of the Xamarin Platform when they release to Stable later this year. We wanted to release these builds to a wider audience for consumption via the Alpha channel. If you are looking for the iOS 9 preview, you can find that here.
As this is an Alpha release there are bound to be bugs. Please make sure to use the forums below to read up on issues as they are found, and see if any workarounds exist, or log a bug if one doesn’t exist already.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Android applications will not run on device for the 1st attempt. Re-running the same application successive times will successfully deploy it on device.
- [Xamarin.VS] – When using Visual Studio with OSX Mavericks, iOS Applications on iOS devices will not run, resulting in an error message. These applications work fine with OSX Yosemite.
- Xamarin Studio 22.214.171.1244
- Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
- Release Notes
- Forum Thread – Alpha Release: Xamarin.iOS 8.13.0, Cycle 6 Preview
- Xamarin.Android 188.8.131.523
- Xamarin.Mac 184.108.40.206
- Mono Framework MDK 220.127.116.11
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – August 26th, 2015
Alpha 2 – Today!
Beta – September / October 2015
Stable – Fall 2015