We are releasing the first Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 9. As this is a Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Of course additional bug reports are still welcome for these preview versions. If you see any suspicious behavior that you wish to report, please file a quick bug.
If you notice an error in this blog post or have trouble downloading one of the installer packages, please let us know in the corresponding forum thread.
- Forum Thread – Alpha Channel: Cycle 9 Feature Release Preview
The issues addressed below are only the highest severity ones, so please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this release.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46557 – Android Designer is unable to render in Visual Studio.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46559 – VS hangs while Running/debugging an Android Wear App
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46750 – User is not able to Create Xamarin.Forms application on Windows 7 with VS2012/13
- [Xamarin.Android] – 46509 – New linker failure in Xamarin.Android Cycle 9 on Windows error MSB4018: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: instruction
- [Xamarin.Android] – 46510 – New linker failure in Xamarin.Android Cycle 9 Error executing task LinkAssemblies: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: variable
- Xamarin Studio 184.108.40.2068
- Xamarin.VS 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin.iOS 10.4.0.4
- Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.1244
- Mono Framework 126.96.36.1999
Installing the Alpha and switching back to Stable
You can install this new Alpha version or switch back to the current Stable version by changing updater channels.
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – This Release!