We are releasing the sixth Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 9.
If you notice an error in this blog post or have trouble downloading one of the installer packages, please let us know in the corresponding forum thread.
- Forum Thread – Alpha Channel: Cycle 9 Feature Release Preview
As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Of course additional bug reports are still welcome for these preview versions. If you see any suspicious behavior that you wish to report, please file a quick bug. File a bug using the “Cycle 9 Preview” new bug form.
- [Xamarin.VS] – Xamarin for Visual Studio 2017 RC can not be installed at the same time as Xamarin for Visual Studio 2015/2013/2012. Please note that installing Xamarin to Visual Studio 2017 RC will uninstall any previous installation of Xamarin in an earlier version of Visual Studio. This will be fixed in the final release of VS 2017.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46559 – VS hangs while Running/debugging an Android Wear App
- [Xamarin.VS] – 49064 – Application gives build error, as wrong code is getting added for Button handler in ViewController.designer.cs file. Working correctly with VS 2015.
- [Xamarin.Android] – 46375 – When using AOT and LLVM for armeabi and armeabi-v7a the following error is raised: error XA3001: Could not AOT the assembly: obj/Release/android/assets/UnnamedProject.dll. This occurs on the latest xamarin-android master branch.
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.1991
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 188.8.131.525
- Xamarin Workbooks and Inspector 184.108.40.206
Installing the Alpha and switching back to Stable
You can install this new Alpha version or switch back to the current Stable version by changing updater channels.
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – Nov 8th, 2016
Alpha 2 – Nov 16th, 2016 (Connect(); Conference)
Alpha 3 – Nov 28th, 2016
Alpha 4 – Dec 5th, 2016
Alpha 5 – Dec 14th, 2016
Alpha 6 – Dec 19th, 2016
Alpha 7 – This Release!