We are releasing the third Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 9.
If you notice an error in this blog post or have trouble downloading one of the installer packages, please let us know in the corresponding forum thread.
- Forum Thread – Alpha Channel: Cycle 9 Feature Release Preview
As this is a Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Of course additional bug reports are still welcome for these preview versions. If you see any suspicious behavior that you wish to report, please file a quick bug. File a bug using the “Cycle 9 Preview” new bug form.
- [Xamarin.VS] – At this time, as a result of VS 2017 moving away from .msi packaging toward utilization of the Visual Studio Installer system, Xamarin for Visual Studio 2017 can not be installed at the same time as Xamarin for Visual Studio 2015/2013/2012. Please note that installing Xamarin to Visual Studio 2017 will render any previous installation of Xamarin in an earlier version of Visual Studio inoperable.
- [Xamarin.Android] – 48213 – Android 7.1.1 (API 25) is not yet supported in this release and can cause deployment errors such as “Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path2” if it is installed. A workaround is to uninstall API 25 in the Android SDK Manager or to disable Project properties > Application > Compile using Android version > Use Latest Platform (in Visual Studio) or Project Options > Build > General > Use latest installed platform (in Xamarin Studio) if you encounter any deployment failures.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46559 – VS hangs while Running/debugging an Android Wear App
- [Xamarin.VS] – 46750 – User is not able to Create Xamarin.Forms application on Windows 7 with VS2012/13
- Xamarin Studio 18.104.22.1683
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 22.214.171.1245
- Xamarin Profiler 126.96.36.199
Installing the Alpha and switching back to Stable
You can install this new Alpha version or switch back to the current Stable version by changing updater channels.
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – Nov 8th, 2016
Alpha 2 – Nov 16th, 2016 (Connect(); Conference)
Alpha 3 – This Release!