We are releasing a newer Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 8. As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
- [Xamarin Studio] – 40422: The roslyn workspace can’t be queried while it’s loading.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42397: The Xamarin.Forms Previewer is disabled on VS for this release.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42435: Getting “ResolveUniversalTypeIdentifiers” task failed unexpectedly” error, on building ‘Spritekit Game’ or ‘Scenekit Game’ Mac App solution in VS
- [Xamarin.VS] – 41608: Deleting a zip from AppData\Local\Xamarin\zips causes all subsequent builds to fail.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 40767: Collection View and Table View are rendered differently on the iOS designer and the actual simulator.
- [Xamarin.VS] – 42046: User is not able to login in XVS.
- [Xamarin.VS / Xamarin.Android] – 41607: No build output when downloading to zips for support package.
- [Xamairn.iOS] – 42392: ‘clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11’ when compiling ios project
- [Xamarin.Android] – 42835: Android projects which use Support packages are failing to build on Windows due issue extracting resources
- [Xamarin.Android] – 42469: Apps may crash on startup with the assertion “fixed_type_allocator_indexs[type]==slot’ not met”.
- [Mono Runtime] – 41644: Shutdown deadlock for mono 4.5.1/master with Xamarin Studio
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.19971
- Xamarin.Android 188.8.131.52
- Xamarin.Mac 184.108.40.206
- Mono Framework 220.127.116.11
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – April 27th, 2016 (Evolve Conference)
Alpha 2 – July 13th, 2016
Alpha 3 – This Release!
Stable – Fall 2016