We are releasing a new Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 8. As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
Note: This is a release only for Xamarin Studio and Xamarin iOS. Updates to Xamarin.VS, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin.Mac will be included in a future preview.
- [Xamarin Studio / Xamarin.VS] – Updating your Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, or Xamarin.Mac to the builds noted below without also updating your IDE will prevent the IDE from properly running license checks, which can cause adverse functionality.
- [Xamarin Studio – Windows Only] – You must have both MS Build Tools 2013 and MS Build Tools 2015 installed on your machine for Xamarin Studio to work properly on Windows.
- [Xamarin.iOS] – Breakpoints may not hit for WatchKit applications when the Link All option is selected.
- Workaround – Perform a “Clean” (or Rebuild) after switching the Link all option on.
- Xamarin Studio 18.104.22.16863
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – April 27th, 2016 (Evolve Conference)
Alpha 2 – This Release!
Stable – Fall 2016