Update 1 – Bumped Xamarin.iOS from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124. This adds support for Apple iOS 9.3 / Xcode 7.3.
We are releasing a new Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 7. As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
- [Xamarin Studio w/ F# Add-in] – Error when creating an F# Android template on Windows. This should still function correctly on Mac.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Dragging and dropping a folder from one project to another moves the files, but does not add them to the destination project.
- [Xamarin Studio] – Breakpoints are not hitting in Xamarin.Mac C#/F# Unified Applications.
- [Mono Framework] – Mono 4.3 Cryptography.ProtectedData fails to decrypt data from Mono 4.2. As a result, NuGet packages will fail to restore with the error “Data unprotection failed” when a protected NuGet source is configured.
- Workaround – In Xamarin Studio you will need to add back any NuGet package sources that use password authentication before re-attempting to restore the packages.
- [Xamarin.VS & Xamarin.iOS] – When deploying WatchKit applications in Visual studio, the error “The file ‘bin\iPhoneSimulator\Debug\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp.app\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp’ does not exist” may appear.
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.19901
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 188.8.131.52
- Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206 (Note – This build supports iOS 9.3 / Xcode 7.3)
- Xamarin.Android 220.127.116.11
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – March 10th, 2016.
Alpha 2 – This Release!
Beta – March 2016
Stable – Late March / Early April 2016