Update 1 – Bumped Xamarin.iOS from 18.104.22.1681 to 22.214.171.124, and Xamarin.Mac from 126.96.36.1991 to 188.8.131.52. Both bumps add TLS 1.2 cryptography support.
Update 2 – Bumped Xamarin Studio from 184.108.40.20620 to 220.127.116.1161. Various additional fixes.
Update 3 – Bumped Xamarin.VS from 18.104.22.1682 to 22.214.171.124. Various additional fixes, corrects version numbering to be in line with previous Xamarin.VS releases.
We are releasing an Alpha preview of our next major feature release, called Cycle 7. There are a number of new features and bugfixes included in this release, most notably the rollout of the Dark Skin theme for Xamarin Studio. As this is an Alpha build, there are some known issues and the possibility of new issues being found during testing.
Please check out the product release notes to see all the fixes and known issues for this preview, and use the below forum threads to report and monitor issues that may occur, as well as find any potential workarounds that may exist.
NOTE – Some customers who are using targeting System Mono under Unified, using Classic Xamarin.Mac (XamMac.dll), or PCls may run into build issues or crash on launch. They may want to move off the Alpha channel at this time.
- [Xamarin.VS] – A build error may occur when trying to build WatchKit Applications in Notification Mode with VS 2015.
- [Xamarin.VS] – A build error may occur when trying to build WatchKit Applications in VS 2012/2013
- [Xamarin.VS / iOS Designer] – Interface.Storyboard for WatchKit Applications will not open in VS 2012/2013.
- [Xamarin.VS / iOS Designer] – Bottom section of the View Controller is appearing white instead of grey.
- [Mono Framework] – Mono 4.3 Cryptography.ProtectedData fails to decrypt data from Mono 4.2. As a result, NuGet packages will fail to restore with the error “Data unprotection failed” when a protected NuGet source is configured.
- Workaround – In Xamarin Studio you will need to add back any NuGet package sources that use password authentication before re-attempting to restore the packages.
- [Xamarin Studio w/ F# Add-in] – Error when creating an F# Android template on Windows. This should still function correctly on Mac.
- [Xamarin.Mac] – When running the Xamarin.Mac unified template project with the target Framework set to “Unsupported”, the popup “Could not connect to the debbuger” may appear.
- Potential Workaround – Downgrade the Mono framework version available in our Stable channel.
- [Xamarin.VS & Xamarin.iOS] – When deploying WatchKit applications in Visual studio, the error “The file ‘bin\iPhoneSimulator\Debug\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp.app\WatchKitApp1WatchKitApp’ does not exist” may appear.
- Xamarin Studio 126.96.36.19961
- Xamarin for Visual Studio 188.8.131.52
- Xamarin.Android 184.108.40.2064
- Mono Framework 220.127.116.117
Upcoming Release Dates
Alpha – This Release!
Beta – March 2016
Stable – Late March / Early April 2016