Today we are releasing the following builds as Xcode 9 Web Preview 2. These versions include preview Xamarin SDK bindings and preview IDE compatibility for Apple’s Xcode 9 beta 4 release.
Note that these are standalone download links that are not published in the Xamarin updater channels. As a result, Visual Studio for Mac and Visual Studio 2015 on Windows will offer “updates” back to the current published updater channel versions when you have these versions installed. You will need to disregard those notifications if you wish to keep using these Xcode 9 support previews. The Xcode 9 features will be added to the Xamarin updater channels in the future, after Apple publishes the first non-preview version of Xcode 9 to the App Store.
Any bug reports about these preview Xamarin bindings are much appreciated!
Preview IDE compatibility packages for Mac and Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio for Mac 18.104.22.1687
- Xamarin.VS 22.214.171.1247 (Visual Studio 2015)
Preview IDE compatibility installation steps for Visual Studio 2017 Preview
- Xamarin.VS 126.96.36.1998 (for Visual Studio 2017 Preview)
- Ensure that you have Visual Studio 2017 Preview version 15.3.0 Preview 4 installed with the Mobile development with .NET workload. (Note that Visual Studio 2017 Preview installs as an additional version alongside your existing Visual Studio 2017 non-preview version.)
- Go to Tools > Extensions and Updates…
- Open the Online > Visual Studio Marketplace tab.
- Search for Xamarin Updater and press Download
- Created by: Xamarin
- Restart Visual Studio (as instructed).
- Go to Tools > Options > Extensions and Updates.
- Click the Add button next to the Additional Extension Galleries list.
- Under the Name field enter Xamarin Xcode 9 Preview (or another name that you prefer).
- Under the URL field type in xvs://xcode9-preview/
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to Tools > Extensions and Updates > Updates > Xamarin Xcode 9 Preview and press Update for each item to download all the available updates.
- Once all of the downloads are complete, close Visual Studio. The VSIX Installer program will launch automatically to install the components.
- Start Visual Studio again.
Uninstall steps for Visual Studio 2017 Preview
If you wish to switch back from the Xcode 9 support previews to the default Xamarin versions bundled in Visual Studio 2017 Preview, use the Visual Studio Installer to un-install, and then re-install, the Mobile development with .NET (Xamarin) workload.